Stone & Sand
We offer a variety of decorative stone products that are multi-colored. We have these products available at our location for you to come and look at to make sure you get the product you would like the best.
- • all washed stone products can be used as a decorative stone for perimeter plantings around a house or around trees and shrubs
- • for around and under decks
- • for pond areas or "dry streams"
- • please see the descriptions below to see other uses for these materials.
Approximately ¾" to 1" in size with smaller particles. Normally reddish brown in color.
- • use around shrubs and trees
- • around the perimeter plantings of a house or building
- • can be used for walking paths and driveways
Madison Washed Stone
This is an off-white base colored stone with some red, black and gray colored stone mixed in.
#1 size which is approximately ¾" and smaller in size, but with no fine material so it will drain well. Used for drainage behind retaining walls and in drainage areas. Also used in making concrete.
#2 size which is about 1½" in size with stones that are semi-rounded in shape. This is the most commonly used washed stone in this area. Used as a decorative stone around a house as well as around trees and shrubs. Also used as a basic ground cover.
Baraboo Washed Stone
This is another washed stone that has a base stone color of off-white, but with more colored stones mixed in than Madison Washed Stone.
#1 size is about ¾" to 1" in size with rounded stones. Used as decorative ground cover around shrubs and trees and around the perimeter of a house.
#2 size is about 1½" to 2" in size with rounded stones. Used as decorative ground cover around shrubs and trees and around the perimeter of a house.
Mississippi Washed Stone
A washed river rock from the Mississippi River about 1½" or 2" in size. This is a multi-colored stone that is darker overall in color than our Madison or Baraboo Washed Stones. It has some white, gray, red and brown stones mixed in with it.
A crushed limestone product about ¾" in size with smaller fines materials. This product will pack well.
- • for driveways
- • as a base for patio bricks or a base for retaining wall blocks
- • for under concrete
A finely crushed limestone product approximately 3/8" in size and finer.
- • as a base and bedding material for patio bricks or for retaining wall blocks
- • for walking and bike paths as it packs and is easy to walk on
A crushed limestone product with the fine material screened out. Available in both ¾" and 3" sizes.
- • ¾" size is a good choice for behind retaining walls as it will allow water to drain through it
- • 3" size works good for the outlet of drainage or for the base layer of a new drive
A small, smooth, rounded stone about the size of a pea with smaller pieces.
- • for backfill in pipe trenches and around drain tiles
- • used in dog runs
- • used under play equipment
- • sometimes used for pathways
A fine clean sand, also called play sand
- • used for sandboxes and volleyball courts
- • for making mortar mixes
- • for under a swimming pool
A washed sand that is slightly bigger in size than mason sand. Also called concrete sand.
- • for mixing with soils
- • for making concrete
- • as a bedding material under patio bricks
- • as a general purpose backfill material in trenches to bed pipes
- • for horse riding areas where a sand base is wanted